Overclockers - great for their profits...

Stuartli 13:42 06 Sep 04

Just placed an order with Overclockers.com for the first time - what a poor web pages design for the ordering section.

Placed the order, checked all the details, came to final page.

My Surname is missing, the county is listed as UK Mainland and Country as United Kingdom; don't press Done but attempt to go back to personal details page. Entire site lost, no doubt due to security reasons.

E-mail Overclocker to point out that if, by any chance, they do get an order it will not be valid because of incorrect information.

Go through re-ordering procedure and find there is no means of entering your county, even though it's listed on final page. Other detail corrected but, just as it is about to be sent, Windows trills that an e-mail has been received.

Yes, it's the Overclockers.com confirmation of my order, complete with missing surname. Decide to ring the 0870 customer number.

Everyone busy, please ring back later. Do so and am kept hanging on for nearly 15 minutes.

Eventually pleasant young man listens to my gripes, corrects the order details and says he will point out web pages' faults.

Trust he does otherwise other intending customers will definitely suffer in the same way...:-)

Wouldn't mind but the order isn't even for me but one of the offspring.

TomJerry 15:23 06 Sep 04

Overclockers.com is a US site. For a UK site, it is Overclockers.co.uk which I use a few times without any problem.

Stuartli 15:28 06 Sep 04

It was the UK website..:-)

Stuartli 15:30 06 Sep 04

I used an e-mail link from the offspring to get to the website, but typed .com in my thread...:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…