Overclockers .co.uk Bad service

RonB 16:51 27 Apr 06

I put this here as my experience with them. I have purchased from them many times, their prices are good and orders are automatic..BUT--- if you want help or try to contact them or want a warranty forget it. They did EVERYTHING to avoid responding- turned off their e-mail system for a long time (when I had a problem with overdue goods and faulty memory, I tried contacting GEIL direct who contacted OC uk and got them to promise to contact me _ 1 year later still no contact) Phone calls were also ignored!!!! I also had an expensive graphics card Ati x800XT -over £317 which failed after 53 weeks(I actually got a response this time from their warranty dept vis- 53 weeks = out of warranty) but any responsible/reputable company worth anything would have replaced it. I hadn't used it for the first 5 weeks because of a problem generated by them (they supplied the wrong memory) and I couldn't build the system - their response by e-mail -sorry out of warranty! The really annoying part was I had to drive down to them and even though they did change the incorrect memory,they said the value had decreaased by £56 and that's all they would refund me- I had to throw away £56 to get my memory changed. I have now had my faulty board confirmed as faulty and had to chuck that -another £317 in the bin. Thanks OC

Harpur 22:10 27 Apr 06

did you post this thread before? it seems very familiar

sMoKez:) 22:50 27 Apr 06

Your post seems to be a common problem - online sales are gr8 when ur buying; trying to get a refund/credit is a completely different ballgame.

I have had so many problems with online credit purchases that i'm seriously considering just purchasing from pcworld ( lol ) when i need something. Even though they mayb a little bit pricey on somethings-at least you can argue it in there store. ( you don't get into all the writing of emails etc)

RonB 09:04 28 Apr 06

I have bought from many other on-line people like Amazon, DABS, MISCO, Watford to name just a few. They have all been great. Admittedly I have only had to return 1 faulty item, that was to Amazon but there was no problem with them at all, only the time it takes for parcels to get there and back :)

Jdoki 09:15 28 Apr 06

Agree with Harpur - I think I may be caught in a time-warp that's thrown me back a couple of months.

RonB, I appreciate you may be frustrated with Overclockers, but if this is an update to your previous post it might be worth amending that one.

RonB 09:25 28 Apr 06

I did have a previous post but the FE removed it because I suggested something against the forum rules , I did ask the FE to edit the comment out but it was deleted so I have reposted it without the inappropriate bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…