overclocker.co.uk good or bad.

Has anybody used click here Are they good or bad if bad please recommend a good firm.

Totally-braindead 21:52 30 Nov 05

I only used them the once, bought a non branded graphics card and couldn't get it to work and had to return it as it was faulty, they refunded the money reasonably quickly as all suppliers insist on checking faulty item to make sure they are actually broken. Would buy from them again but I must admit my favourite retailer is Novatech click here have also used click here will never use Ebuyer again and won't use Watford Electronics (Savastore) untill they get their act together. click here are ok as well as click here

Your Aria link and pumps overclocker.co.uk are both the same company. Are you not thinking of overclockerS.co.uk? click here

Totally-braindead 22:34 01 Dec 05

I see what you mean [email protected] I never tried the link that pumps gave and thought it was the website you mention. pumps I didn't realise till now that Aria had what amounts to a shop within a shop.

I have used Overclockers - they have been good so far. Problem with a motherboard last XMAS for my Sons XMAS present. Rang the support line between XMAS, returned as per instructed and recived it back first week of January. Good service for that time of year.

alexred 04:49 09 Dec 05

I would advice no one buying from overclockersUK. Myself like most people thought they were a good online retailer which did the parts i wanted cheaper than most people and shops.
However when it came down to it and when my £320 6800 Gt became faulty 6 months down the line, it took them 2 months to finally respond . ( never possible to get through to them on their tech support number ). When they did finally send me a replacement card, it was a faulty b-grade 6800GT. It then took them another 7 months to do anything ! In these 7 months i sent them an email nearly twice a week and as of this week they ended up saying they would send me a refund.
However all i have got refunded has been the price of the card today which is now £188.
Oh and they also thought they would take from my credit card a £23 testing fee, which after much more pestering agreed was another of their mistakes.

9 months down the line still without a 6800Gt and alot poorer i wish i never made the mistake of picking them.
Avoid overclockers like the plague.

RonB 22:36 26 Jan 06

I have purchased from them several times, their prices are good and orders are automatic..BUT--- if you want help or try to contact them or want a warranty forget it. they do EVERYTHING to avoid. they turned off their e-mail system for a long time (when I had a problem with overdue goods and faulty memory, i tried contacting GEIL direct who contacted OC uk and got them to promise to contact me _ 1 year later still no contact) Phone lines are ignored!!!! I also had an expensive graphics card Ati x80XL -over £317 which failed after 53 weeks, I hadn't used it for the first 5 weeks because of a problem generated by them and couldn't build the system - their response by e-mail -sorry out of warranty! (I actually got a response this time) but any responsible/reputable company worth anything would have replaced it. AVOID AT ALL TIMES !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…