Outstanding Shot from Canon

Djohn 14:01 13 Feb 03

click here

Please Read the thread on Canon, it explains all.

This morning at approximately 10-00am. I contacted Canon marketing regarding my purchase of a Lide20 scanner.

I bought this under the firm impression that it was USB2. Canon have informed me, they made a mistake in specifying as USB2 and it is in fact USB 1.1.

To compensate me for my trouble, they have apologised and requested I take the scanner back to the supplying shop for a refund of my money. And they (Canon) will forward on to me with their compliments, free of charge a Lide50 scanner!

All this was done over the phone in approximately two hours thirty minutes, with only two calls from me and one back from them.

Many suppliers/Manufactures receive and at times deserve poor mention in this forum. I think that Canon have called the shot on this one, and deserve nothing but praise.

I will say a big thank you to Canon and hope they receive the same loyalty from prospective purchasers, as I have received from them. Once again a very pleased customer. J.

Sir Radfordin™ 14:08 13 Feb 03

That is how to sort a problem - admit you were wrong and sort it out.

I'll let you know what response I get from John Lewis.

Djohn 14:12 13 Feb 03

If only all company's would treat their customers the same! Once again Canon deserve the highest praise for the way they have corrected this issue. J.

Muzziad 14:19 13 Feb 03

very impressive.

i will shortly be in the market for a new scanner and printer. i think i shall give Canon a closer look

leo49 14:33 13 Feb 03

Quite a result! - As a matter of interest, what flavour USB does the Lide50 have?

Djohn 14:37 13 Feb 03

leo49, USB2 and winxp compatible!. J.

goonerbill 15:44 13 Feb 03

wonder if canon will do this for everybody who bought the lide20 on it being usb2. maybe job for trading standards, selling items with misleading info or performance.

Djohn 15:50 13 Feb 03

goonerbill, I don't think so, I am under the impression that Canon have done this for me as a way of saying, sorry, and also a "Thank you", for bringing the misleading advertisement to their notice. J.

Djohn 12:49 19 Feb 03

As promised, one new Lide50 scanner from Canon has just arrived, by special delivery.

Once again, thank you to Canon, for the fast and efficient way they dealt with this issue. they deserve to be mentioned again in the forum. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…