//some 3rd party need geo

OutlookExpress/Freeserve

taffyal 13:57 05 Oct 04

I did a reinstall recently, & had trouble with my Tiscali. I used Freeserve pay as You Go for a matter of minutes.Now, when I try OE I get" provided by Freeserve "at the top of my page, & an unwanted toolbar saying "websearch, wanadoo "etc at the bottom.I am rather petty about these things, & do not like unwanted stuff on my PC. Anyone know how to get rid, & why its there?

crx1600 14:15 05 Oct 04

pick one, click here

taffyal 11:58 06 Oct 04

Thanks crx1600.I did do a search for these things, but, obviously, wrongly! Now got rid of "provided by", but still stuck with Bar along bottom,saying Web search, "panel", go, all the web or shopping buttons, "wanadoo homepage" then finally an ad, for Argos sale. How did this get here- it wasnt here before- & PLEASE how do I get rid of it? I've run CWS, AdAware, Spybot search & destroy, A2 & AVG. Please help. Cheers, Al.

crx1600 12:30 06 Oct 04

you could try looking under view\toolbars and see if there is anything to untick that looks related.

other than that, you should start a thread in the helproom, as you may of picked up something less innocent than it seems, they will let you know.

crx1600 12:40 06 Oct 04

try this click here "Uninstalling the Wanadoo Search Toolbar"

taffyal 13:33 06 Oct 04

Sorted!! Seems my brain isn't working recently-must run AVG on it!! I thought I had posted this in Helproom,not Consumer watch- what an idiot! Then I cleared the thing from view, layout, info pane,as you said. Many thanks for your help,Cheers from (an embarrasssed)Al.

crx1600 14:02 06 Oct 04

i mistakenly gave you directions for InternetExplorer, but you adapted it for your OE problem anyway.

you may want to follow the 'click here' to the wanadoo help pages and remove it completely, just in case, or it may reappear later.

im glad it's all sorted, when you here about 'search bars' etc, it usually means the PC is infected with nasties, but fortunately not this time.

all the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…