Ouch! Virus attack

imzy 22:33 16 Jan 03
  imzy 22:33 16 Jan 03

I have a friend who recently stung by a virus and it has totally messed up his computer. Windows explorer doesn't work properly, his personal folders keep getting hidden, he is sending e-mails with virus attachments and a hackers website has become his homepage!

This has totally freaked me out as I have always heard about viruses, but to actually see the damage one can do is quite a shock.

I have therefore decided to invest in an anti-virus software. I do not know much about these so I was wondering if there were any recommendations as to which is the best one to get. Any insight greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Belatucadrus 22:58 16 Jan 03

This is a popular question in the helproom, here are links to a couple of the last postings :-

click here

click here

click here

In a forum this size there are supporters of many packages. Browse through and select whatever suits you.

imzy 12:27 17 Jan 03

Thanks for that.

I guess I will give AVG a go seeing as it is free, and let you know how I get on.

Thin White Duke 01:20 18 Jan 03

I've been running AVG for ages and never had one single virus related problem.

DieSse 02:13 18 Jan 03

I've always assumed that the best one to get is one that detects most viruses!

Have a read here before you make a decision.

click here

Gaz 25 02:26 19 Jan 03

It's gonna try and stop these nasties..
click here

and new threats

click here

It's supposed to be tested by Hackers and Virus Writers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…