O.T.: Telemarketers: where to opt out?

kikokun 22:25 01 May 04

Hi guys,
I'm sorry for going off topic, but I'm getting increasingly annoyed with telemarketers calling at home.

I've already registered at MPS click here to fend off junk mail, but a search for do-not-call registers in UK gives me no useful returns (plenty of them in USA)

Do you guys now where to go online to register my telephone number in an opt out list?

I knew that was it for me a couple of days ago when I had this IDIOT from my own ISP (Tiscali) calling to sell me a new telephone service.

My first instinc was to put the phone down, but not wanting to be rude I explained that I dindn't like to make purchasing decisions over the phone, etc.
and he goes 'oh yeah, sir, you do that' and then HE smashed the phone on me :?

Any help much appreciated,

thanks

Kiko

hugh-265156 22:32 01 May 04

see click here for some info that may help you.

Sir Radfordin 22:52 01 May 04

Register with the TPS: click here

And if you continue to get calls (may have to wait 1 month) then report the company.

If a company does call and you ask to be removed from their list they are duty bound to do so.

kikokun 22:52 01 May 04

Thanks Huggy,
That site has a link to TPS on line click here which is what I was looking for.

I guess I should have figured that out since I had already registered with MPS, the link was there, it just didn't occur to me to click on it. Sometimes you need someone else to point you at something right in front of you :)

Cheers

spuds 12:10 02 May 04

Fax Preference Scheme via click here

Steven135 13:35 02 May 04

Thanks for this thread just registered

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…