OT iRiver iHP 140

PC Pro did a big review last month of MP3 players, and I saw it being discussed in a thread on this forum.

I am very close to buying one 'cos the review was so good and I don't think the iPod will fill my needs. In fact from the review it seems to match a Win XP PC very well, making ripping CDs and loading MP3 files straightforward.

But here is where I want some help, if possible.

Does anyone know whether there is a leather carry-case for the iRiver device? Perhaps one that can clip to a belt.
My apologies for not being a strict PC topic

accord 06:53 07 Jul 04

Have you tried the iRiver stockists ?

byfordr 09:16 07 Jul 04

It comes supplied with a brown leather case, which clips to a belt (and all the leads and bits and pieces you'll every need)

Superb player, filled mine up already! :-(

R

tomleady 10:08 07 Jul 04

its brilliant.

i'm having a slight issue woth some tagging at the moment though.

but other than that, its a hero of a mp3 player.

Thanks very muchly.

There is no mention of the leather case on any website's detail.

byfordr 12:50 07 Jul 04
  accord 17:42 07 Jul 04

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!

It just goes to show that I didn't read the web page properly OR that my eyes are not functioning well.

Whatever, I bought one from amazon.co.uk which arrivedthe following morning.

I then spent a couple of hours working out the instructions and loading all 32GB of my music collection.

Then I sat down and started to listen. I know that some people have commented that the supp,ied earphone thingies aren't very good but to my less than eprfect 50yr old ears the sound was pretty damned amazing. I've been using an old Sony Walkman up 'til now, but NO LONGER.

The clarity of the soubd is amazing, and the way the device shows up in Windows Explorer makes jiggling the files around very simple.

Well worth every penny it cost!

Billbo 14:26 11 Jul 04

Hey, is it worth getting the H300 over the H140? I cant think what else is different between the two players.

byfordr 23:31 11 Jul 04

Droopy Dick

I think the ear phones are made by sennheiser...I thought that they were pretty good quality, just replaced them as I don't like in-ear head phones.

Billbo

Do you mean the H340 or H320? click here These have the ability to browse JPG and BMP images with the full colour 2" TFT display. You can also connect devices such as digital cameras up to it and use it as storage (with connecting to a pc) All depends whether the ability to do that is worth the extra £120/£130.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…