ordering a pc with Dell

agrb 16:07 15 Dec 04

has anyone done this lately? Iordered a new desktop yesterday but the email to enable me to confirm the order ddidnt arrive. So I telephoned today and talk about Caseys Court! I had a grand tour of the Indian Sub Continent and was left just hanging on. I just hung up because I seriosly doubt the want my order.Their systems are appalling compared to Evesham who I normally deal with.Why o Why cant these companies have a phone no where you can speak to a real live person.If my experience is anything to go by then they must lose a lot of business

david.h 16:33 15 Dec 04

I bought a dell tft monitor via another company.
monitor was excellent. i emailed dell several times re cleaning the screen never got a reply. phone service was left hanging on for an age before hanging up.

good gear - dreadful aftersales

JIM 20:45 15 Dec 04

you say,

"Their systems are appalling compared to Evesham"

If in your eyes,your above quote is right,why then did you order the Dell system in the first place?

I believe you to be wrong and i do not have a Dell system.I must be missing your point eh!

fitcher 21:10 15 Dec 04

is it true the call service goes to india . I was thinking of a dell laptop , that has put me off

Diodorus Siculus 22:06 15 Dec 04

fitcher - what does it matter where the service call centre is based?

It's Me 22:15 15 Dec 04

I, for one, cannot understand anyone speaking to me from India, I even have problems when I finish up speaking to someone in Ireland, and some of the Scottish accents are so thick as to be unintellageable. Why anyone has to ask if it matters where the service call centre is is beyond me.

Wasn't it Dell that had to reinstigate its American call centre for the Yanks after they protested so much.

boy_from_the_blackstuff 22:22 15 Dec 04

It's me - perhaps you would explain what exactly "unintellageable" means? You might have problems understanding a Scottish accent - they might have problems understanding your English!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:47 15 Dec 04

'is it true the call service goes to india . I was thinking of a dell laptop , that has put me off'...it heartens me to realise that insularism and open minds are alive and well in Surbiton. /eyes raise Better not buy a car then, not too many UK owned makes to choose from.

G

douglas1973 23:47 15 Dec 04

Have you noticed that frequently you cannot find the model of computer (recently)advertised in the press and that anything equivalent is far more expensive?
The system for ordering a bespoke computer is also pretty appaling. One would think that a company such as Dell could design a better ordering system.

spuds 23:51 15 Dec 04

Recently there was a post on the PCA forum regarding Dell printers selling for £9.99. I placed an order on the internet, and less than a week later it was delivered to my door.Now that's what I call service and a bargain to boot.

Forum Editor 00:31 16 Dec 04

to say that you're deterred from buying a computer from the world's largest manufacturer because the company has a call centre in India, but everyone's entitled to their own set of criteria for choosing a computer I suppose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…