ordered goods, not turned up ? signed for...

Magik ®© 11:34 29 Jan 05

hi, whats the next move on this? i ordered some dvd disks, got an email back saying goods on their way, nothing turned up, rang them, no record of order......reordered, another email goods on their way, no goods.....rang them..they say the goods were delivered and signed for, but the name they have is not mine....made lots of phone calls to the company and citylink, but all we get it "we will ring you back" what now?
thanks

Forum Editor 13:20 29 Jan 05

is that you haven't received the goods, so you're not going to pay for them. It's up to the supplier to provide you with a proof of delivery if they say that the goods have been signed for, otherwise they must refund your money, or send yet another consignment.

The legal position is that the goods were sent at the supplier's risk, and your contract is with them, not the couriers who are saying they have a signature. I'm assumimng that there is nobody else at your address who could have signed for the delivery?

Magik ®© 13:29 29 Jan 05

hi, that is right, no one else here. the thing is when i finally spoke to someone at citylink yesterday, they had the right address....oh well, all down to monday now, and the funds have been taken from the credit card..

anyway......thanks

Ron aka zeb

Stuartli 13:33 29 Jan 05

..this thread on the same subject:

click here

Forum Editor 13:47 29 Jan 05

Thanks - I had forgotten about that case.

Magik ®© 13:51 29 Jan 05

looks like i am not alone, for a start, I waited in all day,and for any van, lorry, car or bike to come up this road, they have to come back down, because there is no way out, and no citylink van came up. and just clutching straws, i found in the telephone book someone with the name that signed for the goods, in a oakdene rd, this is oakdene ave, but he denies it was him ;-))

Stuartli 13:56 29 Jan 05

It might be worth asking your courier to check up with the driver in which road he made the delivery.

Most drivers do know the area they cover well as they deliver there most days - at least in my part of the world - and the fact that the person who "signed" has apparently used his/her real name could be very useful ammunition.

In fact it could even possibly be construed as theft.

Magik ®© 14:14 29 Jan 05

all down to monday now, as you say, he/she could have signed it D.Duck or M.Mouse..i bet who ever has my order is there making cd's and dvd's right now....

i will keep you posted....

thanks again all

Magik ®© 15:09 31 Jan 05

the order had been sent to the wrong address, about 15 miles away,name of the road was the same, can't get the staff.....anyway, they got it back and got it here....sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…