Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours
I've ordered a new high spec, & expensive, PC from a supplier, which was due to be delivered early May, but owing to 'alleged' lack of some key components, things are delayed.
I'm minded to be reasonable to an extent & allow up to early June, say another week or so, before considering notifying the supplier regards cancellation.
The PC has been paid for in full, via cc, but I was wondering what my position is regards cancelling the order if this goes on much longer?
I understand if I re-ordered with a new supplier that I would then need to wait, but this could (in theory) be less time-wise than it takes my current supplier to deliver the machine which I ordered a while ago (April).
Anyone have any views?
Have found that 'The Buyer has the right to cancel any order not delivered within 30 days from the date of placing the order, inclusive of that date and without penalty.'
I'll give it a week or so as mentioned earlier.
check on the order whether a "day" is a calendar day or a working day
Quite honestly I'd contact them saying you need this for a project and you are unable to wait any longer
Advise the credit card company at the same time
It's already one month late. It can easily stretch to two (probably by weekly steps) and how many times do we see cases like this where the equipment is eventually delivered with substitute innards which do not work well
It's up to them to organise their ordering to a just in time standard rather than waiting for the order from you before trying to organise the bits
Harsh? Perhaps. But you are the customer and you're out on a limb here. If it is eventually cobbled together and doesn't work properly once delivered the rejection/cancellation will be 10 times harder
If being specially made to your spec maybe the 30 day rule does not apply.
If the computer is not being built to special custom specifications (not off the shelf or containing listed stock items), then you can cancel using The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations. click here
But be warned, the retailer as 30 days in which to return funds, so making a new purchase may overlap funding arrangements.
at the time of ordering, your supplier must deliver the machine within 30 days of the date of your order. There are situations in which delays occur for reasons outside the supplier's control, and when that happens you must be notified.
if you are notified of a delay you have the right to cancel the contract, and if you do that the supplier has 30 days from the date of cancellation within which to make the refund.
From all of that you'll understand that the point made by spuds is a good one. Cancel the order and you may have to wait several weeks for a refund, by which time the computer you ordered would probably have been delivered.
Yes, I agree with that
But I still feel that I'd rather wait 30 days for the refund than get a cobbled together jobbie which I then found it a total hassle to reject
Would Marko care to point us in the direction of which company he ordered from? Then we'd be in a much better position to think about his options
Of course it's not harsh.
They're in business, and if they can't keep up there are plenty who can.
If any supplier used to tell me they were having problems I always used to reply I didn't want to know, I had enough problems of my own and they (the supplier) were one of them.
Once you give quarter you're seen as a soft touch, and you can also muddy the legal picture.
to all those who have replied. It has gone beyond both 30 calendar and 30 working/business days, so both bases are covered in this respect.
As mentioned in my opening thread, am conscious that the time to cancel and then the time to get a refund would result in a further extension to the delay, hence my decision to remain a little flexible.
In seeking to be both flexible & reasonable (some might say 'soft') I have emailed the company concerned and given them a deadline date, after which I will proceed to cancel the order.
I'll not 'name and shame' just yet, given that I have provided them with an extension, so seems unwarranted and premature, but rest assured I shall if they fail to deliver by the deadline.
I will mention however that one of the components causing the delay is the Radeon 5970 grfx card, which I am told is in 'global' short supply, but I would counter this by saying that this was probably known at the time of my placing the order, so should have been advised of potential delays at that time.
Latest report is that apparently my machine is now built and waiting the 2 missing components. That was 2 weeks ago with the assurance that my machine would be delivered the following week, which naturally did not happen.
The machine in question is not what I would call 'custom build' as the option to configure a base machine with differing optional, and allegedly available, components was offered on their site, just like the many other PC suppliers. I'll keep you posted, and thnx again for your valued contributions.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.