Friday 21 July 2006 (13.30h)
Called technical support. Spoke to "M".
Explained situation. Still Link Down.
M said that he would organise a line test (Oh no I thought!). Also suggested that I try and change the filter with a spare that I have. He told me to try the new filter as soon as I got off the phone else it may interfere with the line test. OK.
M told me to call back Monday morning for the result of the line test. OK.
Phone call ended (? time)
Tried swapping the filter with a spare one. No effect. Tried resetting Livebox with new filter and entering UN and PW. No effect. Still link down.
Monday 24 July 2006 (13.40h)
Phoned technical support. Spoke to "P".
Asked for result of line test.
P explained that the results on his screen were in shorthand and that he didn't understand them... Would you mind holding while I clarify them with the faults department he asked. OK.
P came back to me - unfortunately, the line test got suspended during the test. The test couldn't be completed.
P told me another line test would have to be undertaken. Will have the result back on 23 July 2006.
I asked to speak to a team leader. 6 minutes later, transferred to "J2" in the escalations team. He explained that the test could not be completed (so no more news there then). He took my mobile telephone number and told me that he would call me back later on today with results of line test (so quick I thought!).
End of call 14.08h
No call back was received! (No surprises there really).
Tuesday 25 July 2006 (14.32h)
Called technical support. Spoke to "A".
Asked for result of line test.
The system is slow A told me. One minute. Then the fault management system would not load on his screen. One minute, would you mind holding. OK.
A came back. Unable to get result of line test. Please call back in 2 hours time. OK.
Tuesday 25 July 2006 (17.45h)
Called technical support. Spoke to "L"
Line test detected a fault.
L told me that he would create an appointment for an engineer to visit the exchange to check the hardware. He said that BT work ‘til 20.00h and should be there tonight if they are not busy (to this I pointed out that there was probably no chance in a million years that an engineer would be in the exchange today).
Asked to speak to a team leader.
L put me through to "S" a supervisor, but warned me that S was not technically trained!!!
Spoke to S. Told her my situation and explained that I had had serious issues with Orange (Wanadoo) in the past. She was aware of my extended notes on my account.
I also explained that I had been given a gratuitous 3 months of broadband by Orange on the last problem I had and in fact, that gratuity ends today! She gave me another two months free broadband! - I did however explain that I would rather pay for my broadband than free broadband without any!
S promised me that I would get a technical support call back by 22.00h this evening - I explained that I was promised a call back yesterday. She gave me her word that I would get a call back.
I asked for a direct telephone number to S. She gave me her extension number and said that she was at the Rotherham centre. I then said that in order for me to speak to her, I must get connected to the Rotherham centre for an agent to transfer me. Yes she said. I explained that this was ridiculous. If (and I am not sure how many call centres Orange has) they have three call centres, I only have a one in three chance (each time I phone) of actually getting through to the correct call centre. It could take me a number of phone calls to get through - all costing me money. I said that she must have a direct line. No she said. Just an extension number.
I then went on to explain that I still had contact details of their PR team and would be in touch with them tomorrow morning if I did not get my call back. I would also lodge an official complaint against S for promising me a call back and not getting one.
So now I wait and see.....
Call ends 17.58h (approx)