Orange will not take no for an answer

Widows Son 19:25 10 Feb 06

I've (and I'm really sorry I do) an orange mobile approaching the end of its contract. I've had approximately 30 calls from orange (or some of their assoiates most coming from phone number 01132361906) asking whether I'd like to upgrade.

At first I politely told them that I would make my own arrangements and requested they took my number off their list (I work shifts and they always seem to phone while I'm asleep).

When after several times this didn't work I tried beng rude. No success there either.

As of today I'm trying a new tactic. I say "Hi - could you hold on for a minute" and set the phone down and leave them hanging there till they get fed up - but they've tried 4 times today so far.

Any ideas on how to get the message through?

Needless to say the required notice to cancel the account has been given and a new contract will be taken out with another supplier next year

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:42 10 Feb 06

Why not block the number if you are on BT?

G

SG Atlantis® 19:48 10 Feb 06

You signed up with TPS?

click here

I signed up it is quite effective, after a couple of weeks the calls stopped.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:51 10 Feb 06

TPS works well here too.

The Spires 20:06 10 Feb 06

I like the "Hi - could you hold on for a minute" system. :-)

SG Atlantis® 20:10 10 Feb 06

Like that tea advert...with the double glazing sales call.

"Hi, could you please hold for a moment, your call is important to us and we will get back to you as soon as we can" and then she plays music from her child's toy down the phone while she enjoys her cuppa.

Nambarrie I think it was.

Arthur Scrimshaw 22:34 10 Feb 06

it's a company phone - they can't get rid of you quickly enough.

Widows Son 22:36 10 Feb 06

And its the mobile they're ringing me on - maybe I should tell them I'm bankrupt?

Hi Widdows Son, I too am having the same problems; I even get regular text messages as well.I have had an Orange contract for around 8 years, and the problems started when they were taken over. It appears they are giving contract details to third parties (so much for the data protection act), who then try and get you to sign another 12 months contract.Several companies did not even know my name, but just had a note of my telephone number and the fact the 12 months contract was up. It has now got so bad I have informed Orange that I am giving the months notice required and am switching to T-mobile.I have also told them why, but they don't seem all that bothered.

spuds 10:13 11 Feb 06

Brassed Off Britain click here

Forum Editor 10:55 11 Feb 06

and am switching to T-mobile"

Where exactly the same thing will happen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac