Orange Value Promise

so3003 10:38 30 Jun 03

Just phoned Orange to ask if they would do a tariff match on the O2 Sim Online 200 tariff - costs £25 a month for 200 cross network anytime minutes, 500 messages - and they said they wouldn't match it :-(

Anyone know if there are similar options that they would match?

I hate mobile phones :-(

Sir Radfordin 10:44 30 Jun 03

Did they give reason for not matching it?

so3003 10:47 30 Jun 03

Apparently because it has "online" in its title, it is a promotional tariff and they only match established ones, or something like that.

Hunte® 11:50 30 Jun 03

The online tariff is not promotional. O2 run 2 types of tariff. Those labelled online that are only available from click here and the rest that are available from shops such as phones4u or carphonewarehouse.

The o2 online tariffs replaced those offered previously by Genie.

A15 17:09 30 Jun 03

I have the Orange Virgin Value Plan, & very good it is too. However it is only available from Carphone Warehouse. Maybe it is the same with the system you are trying to match.

so3003 17:14 30 Jun 03

Well I phoned Orange again and they said they'd match it for me, but not today - I have to phone back tomorrow?! I think the guy was taking the piss, but I'll try my luck tomorrow! :-)

Interestingly though, I was in an Orange shop today (passing by and went in) and they wouldn't do a match for me. Hmmm

Does anyone know if the Orange shops are the same company as Orange Telecommunications, or if they're just in the same group?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…