Orange PAYG Triband phones WARNING

Salinger 16:20 10 Dec 04

If you are considering buying one of these for use in North America, be advised that it will NOT work anywhere except New York or Orlando.

Although these phones are sold as "for use in North America" they haven't set up the infrastructure for Pay as You Go.

I would suggest that it is misleading to sell a product knowing that it will not work.

Vodaphone and o2 PAYG do work in North America.

Salinger 22:39 10 Dec 04

The above information may not be correct, even though I was given it in an Orange shop. Checking the Orange website it appears that PAYG coverage is NOT limited to New York and Orlando.

Why do companies not inform their staff of the facts?

Forum Editor 22:53 10 Dec 04

you can call from anywhere in the United States, provided there is a partner cellphone network which has an agreement with Orange. Mind you, some of the call charges may be pretty horrendous, and it might be better to rent a phone in America.

Salinger 23:12 10 Dec 04

The Orange website's map coverage of the USA and Canada is pretty comprehensive. I was rather dumbstruck not to mention livid when told by a member of staff in the Orange shop that I would not be able to use the Triband PAYG (bought specifically for use in North America, albeit infrequently) She was quite adamant on this point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…