ORANGE - BROADBAND PACKAGES

STREETWORK 22:34 16 Sep 06

Hi all,

Sharing this information with you.

I am on orange boradband after being with Wannadoo and previously freeserve from whan they first started up. (had a fling with TISCALI but it was cr*p).

At this time I am using a USB modem, hub and 3 computers linked though a network. This cost £17.99 per month. Speed it 1mb/sec

Well, Orange advertise the Live Box and free weekend/evening calls for the same price. So I call them up and ask what is required to change the package I am on to the Live Box and 2mb/sec speed. Not a problem says the nice chatty lady on the other end. 2 minutes later sorted and the Live Box is on its way...

Yahooooo no more wires. So if you are on this usb modem deal, get it changed...

Giggle n' Bits 22:59 16 Sep 06

Google for Live box feedback. You will have problems.

STREETWORK 23:03 16 Sep 06

Problems? have already set two up for friends PC's with no problems...

ventanas 20:38 17 Sep 06

You will have no problems at all. I did just what you are doing. swapped out the usb modem for the Livebox. Just make sure you remove the modem in device manager first, and then follow the on screen instructions for the Livebox. Only takes a few minutes. After this you can then set up the wireless network for your other machines, which should also go without a hitch.

Strawballs 20:58 17 Sep 06

A friend bought a linksys modem router about 2 months before orange took over then they sent him a livebox without him even applying for it. He has asked me to set it up and I said that I know nothing about how good they are because he is more than happy with his linksys but you believe it is worth it ventanas? because he is interested in the free calls with it.

STREETWORK 21:08 17 Sep 06

If its not broke....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…