Opinions on ViewGuard Anti-Glare Protector Please

roger 13:07 23 Sep 09

Hi All

I need to get an anti-glare screen protector for my laptop and I have come across the ViewGuard Anti-Glare Matte Screen Protector which seems to fit the bill, even though I think will have to get it shipped over from the US.

HAs anyone any experience of this, either personally or from others that will help me decide?

All comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rogie

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:46 23 Sep 09

Why get them from the States? click here

G

roger 14:55 23 Sep 09

Hi Gandalf

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into the items available. The main concern is that the products listed seem to have a glossy finish and I am looking for matte.

ViewGuard is matte.

All the best.

Rogie

Proclaimer 21:25 23 Sep 09

the need for anti-glare filters was left behind with CRT's.

roger 21:41 23 Sep 09

I understand what you are saying Proclaimer but my problem is that I cannot see anything on the glossy screen of my laptop when I take it outside and even when I am working indoors I can see the reflections of the room around me. I can even see myself - not a pretty sight!!

That is why I am looking for a matte non-glossy screen protector/cover.

Virtually all manufacturers now only provide glossy screens. I know not why. OK for films and games but not for real world working needs.

All the best.

Rogie

nicoleb 13:17 14 Nov 09

Roger,
Google is your friend. Below are some reviews. Both are a tad long, including pictures, but positive reviews.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac