Opinions of PC Option Ltd

Chingy100 09:03 02 Feb 07

I have been gathering information with a view to getting a new gaming computer and have got it down to 1 or 2 companies. Then I come across PC Option Ltd and thier prices blow all the others away. Please can anyone give me any info on them, if they have purchased a new system and what was the aftersales like if any problems arose.

Chingy100 10:31 08 Feb 07

I have taken the plunge after a few weeks of searching all of the available options and yesterday (7th) decided to purchased the machine shown below. So far the contact from PC Option has been really good so am looking forward to posting some good reports. I still find it strange that nobody has given any feedback on this company ???

Gamers PC. Nvidia 8800. Intel® Core® 2 Duo. (6700 Intel Core Duo , Standard Case , 19" VW192S Wide 5ms , 1 X Asus EN8800GTX Graphics Card , 320GB Sata 2 Hard Drive , 2048 DDR 2 800 MHz , Vista Premium & Disc , Generic Pc Option 550 Watt PSU , Asus P5ND2 SE Motherboard Motherboard ) = £1299.95 inc VAT + Del

Chingy100 13:26 05 May 07

Have had my computer from PC option Ltd for a couple of months now. Had a few issues when it was delivered but after speaking with Tom on the phone he agreed to pick it up and put it right, (the motherboard was not compatible with the ram and so a new mobo was fitted). Also had to settle for a different monitor from the one I chose but the one I received is ok.
Quality of system is good and prices are very keen. Would recomend you speak with Tom Muir if you have any problems.
Overall buying a new computer is quite a task and I would say that I would buy from PC Option again.

Totally-braindead 14:36 05 May 07

I would have offered feedback myself but I have never dealt with them personally, therefore I don't feel that I can comment on it myself.
Sorry that no one else offered advice but I'm glad it eventually got sorted and you're happy.

The Muir 22:21 30 May 07

Thanks for the honest review.

We don't promise the earth but we do promise to try our hardest.

Thanks again.

Tom
Pc Option

laterz 23:05 20 Jun 07

I have ordered a base unit with upgrades from them on the 10th of June.
Seem to be well priced when compared to others, only drawback so far is that I still havnt received it.
Confirmation email with ordernumber arrived stating delivery in 7 working days, its now been 8 and have been told when contacting them "delivery will be with you on Tuesday 19th". Then I was told Thursday 21st. Money has gone out of my account.
I have booked tomorrow off work to ensure delivery is received, I again contacted them this afternoon to double check, to be told that it will not be delivered and will be delivered on Friday 22nd.
Fingers crossed for the 22nd.

fillythebish 01:01 21 Jun 07

Do PCoption offer a 3 year warranty for parts and labour? Im always wary of any company that doesnt

laterz 15:02 23 Jun 07

PC arrived yesterday, definately worth the wait!
All set up in my name and runs extremely well.
The components have all been installed very neatly and they obviously take pride in their work.
Would defo buy from them again.
Thanks Tom for the courtesy call.

The Muir 15:14 01 Jul 07

No problem.

If you require any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. :-)

Regards

Thomas Muir
PC Option Limited

roberts20 10:31 06 Sep 07

Hi, I got in contact with Pc Option and yes the prices do look good and they do have a good looking website. However, the customer service that i received from them was terrible. I felt that they were arogant and unhelpful. In my opinion this is not the way to do business, so I will not be purchasing anything from them.

graboy 13:47 26 Sep 07

Companies always seem ok when things go right. You sort out the men from the boys when their are problems. In my opinion PC Options have a very bad customer service, they are very rude and a bad attitude towards you. I would definitely NOT recommend them - they appear to be a two bit operation, they do not reply to your questions and if you chase them up you will be rudely dealt with. Probably the nastiest customer service I have ever dealt with - goodness knows how they would be if you called them with a faulty product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…