Opinions of Just-Eat.co.uk

talf 20:30 28 Nov 07

Want to know what the thoughts are of fellow members? Just ordered some food with my wife from them from my local pizza delivery place ;)

Clapton is God 20:40 28 Nov 07

Thoughts on what?

Their website?

Their food?

Their prices?

Their delivery?

Their concept?

Bandinelli 20:44 28 Nov 07

LOL - think hes rubbing it in because we have none :-(

SANTOS7 21:13 28 Nov 07

click here

its a list of takeaways that deliver food, by posting your Post code it come up with a selection of the nearest.. HO HUM!!!!

Totally-braindead 22:43 28 Nov 07

Its rubbish, according to it theres nowhere that delivers anywhere near me which isn't true.

I presume it only lists those that have asked to be listed and as such is useless to me anyway.

SANTOS7 22:46 28 Nov 07

think you have hit the nail on the screw there T-B...

spuds 23:14 28 Nov 07

I live near a very large city, and it came up with one Indian take-away which is approx 4 miles from where I live. Considering that there are many various types of take-ways in my area, I think that I will stick with one of the locals.

In the BBC Dragons Den programme this week, there was two people trying to obtain funds for something similar, the investor's gave the idea the thumbs down. Apparently a Danish company is also trying this scheme in the UK.

interzone55 11:47 29 Nov 07

Every house in the country gets a Thompson directory, use that to find a takeaway. Or how about the mountain of flyers delivered every week with the free paper.

This website will only list takeaways that have registered with them and are willing to give them a commission on referrals

pj123 12:40 29 Nov 07

Agree with T-B.

I live in Norwich, there must be more take-aways than pubs.

Just-Eat says:

"We are very sorry but at the moment there are no restaurants available to order from in the area."

€dstowe 14:59 29 Nov 07

I've just tried my current and three previous/other known post codes on their search. Three came up with the "we are very sorry - - -" message the other with one takeaway. I know that there are numerous qualifying businesses in the areas I requested.

Waste of time unless or until it gets much bigger - which is won't because people will already be disillusioned by the present poor response.

megagamer 12:30 03 Dec 07

I have used Just-Eat many times and never been disappointed...in fact I love it! I am from London so there is plenty of choice...however I have seen there is an option to suggest takeaways you'd like to use on the website. Maybe they'll sign them up soon?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…