Opinions on Evesham laptops?

katrina.oconnor.568 09:44 16 Mar 05

Good/bad/indifferent?

What is the after sales service from Evesham like?

jimnjo 17:14 24 Mar 05

Not had a laptop from Evesham but purchased a PC about 15 months ago.
A minor fault appeared on my PC after a month.
The after sales service seemed to be second to none. The phone lines are local call rate and the longest it took to be answered was 10 minutes on a Saturday morning.
An engineer arrived at my house within two days of asking and replaced various items, curing the fault.

Its always annoying when a purchase is faulty and needs repair, but with a PC there are so many items that are bought in by the manufacturer so it is not always right to blame the PC manufacurer who basically puts a lot of items together in a case.
Its how the manufacturer deals with faulty items.
Evesham proved to be fast and reliable and no costly premium rate phone lines.

Hope this helps

Jim

claudine 05:52 25 Mar 05

We have had one since last january. Can't comment on the machine because I don't use it but my son has never complained. After sales seems very good - had to phone them twice this week because beer got spilt on the keyboard. Both times the phone was answered within a couple of minutes and they were really helpful. Also, if you go to click here they give an 0800 number as an alternative to the 0870 one and it seems to work

Compassion 18:50 26 Mar 05

I bought a laptop from Evesham in Oct 2002. Unfortunately, my hard drive was damaged in transit, and the computer had to be returned and repaired. Arranging this and getting my computer back again took a couple of weeks and several phone calls. After this I had 18 months with no problems, then my hard drive failed. I contacted Evesham to arrange to have it replaced. I spent several weeks chasing after them for information on my computer, and being given inconsistent information on what stage the repair was at, how long repairs take, and how much I would have to pay (as I wanted the faulty drive returned to attempt data recovery). At one point I received a telephone call saying my laptop was ready to be picked up at one of their showrooms - I believe in South-East of England - despite the fact that I live in Northern Ireland! In the end, I made about 16 phone calls to their support and customer service lines. The staff were always very helpful, but I often received inaccurate information.

I've also had to have the power supply connector repaired, which unfortunately necessitated more telephone calls. This problem took several weeks to resolve.

In all fairness, I am quite a heavy computer user, and I think Evesham's kit is second-to-none, but certainly in my case, their customer service could have been better. However, I'm sure this isn't the case for all of their customers, and many people seem very happy with Evesham. The only other thing I would say is that you might want to buy an additional power supply unit if you're getting a laptop. I've had 3 in 3 years, and the last time, I had to pay more than £90 to replace it.

PRS 15:39 27 Mar 05

Just got a Quest Explorer from Evesham (Lowest on Web branch). Very impressive for its price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…