Opinions on CCL?

@lchemist 20:54 17 May 03

I'm migrating from Ebuyer due to the appauling service that I've received (cannot seem to get a single order right), and I'd prefer to stay away from Dabs too. I've discovered CCL computers:

click here

Just wondering if they're any good? Has anybody had any good/bad experiences with them that they'd like to share?

carlos 21:29 17 May 03

Uncluttered, easy to follow website. I've bought several "customised" PCs from them for work...this PC, which is now 2+yrs old, is a CCL one. Been/is good to me. Only reason I havn't bought a recent PC for guys at work from them is fact that Dell are now very much better at supplying, automatically, very quiet PCs. Still do CCL for additional components tho. Advice I've been given by CCL was clear, without the differentiation between "sales" and "technical" that is soooo grating with Dell....smug-sounding, I may suggest.Altho I buy Dell PCs at the mo, I definitely don't like dealing with their sales people....never convinced that advice they give is, well, "convincing".

Simsy 10:40 19 May 03

as part of a self build project.

I found them reasonably priced, helpful and efficient.

However, unlike carlos, I'm not a fan of the website.... It's uncluttered, true, but it doesn't always take you where you want to go I found.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Elrond 11:17 19 May 03

Ditto Carlos and Simsy. I've used them a good few times and there hasn't been a problem yet(Touch wood). Shall be looking to use them them the next time I need to purchase

The Transporter 11:19 19 May 03

They supplied all the PC's for the University of Bradford, and they are all top quality. They are all of a good build and I have not seen any as yet that have not been working.

My friend uses them regularly and can't praise them enough

Hope it helps in you decision

The Transporter 11:20 19 May 03

They supplied most off the PC's for the University of Bradford, and they are all top quality. They are all of a good build and I have not seen any as yet that have not been working.

My friend uses them regularly and can't praise them enough

Hope it helps in you decision

3Toed 17:25 19 May 03

I too have not had any problems-apart from a minor one which was corrected with no fuss and no stress(faulty processor,tested faulty and they replaced it).I would,and have,purchased again since,and i dont have any hangups about purchasing from them again in the future.

Bailey08787 17:12 22 May 03

i used them - pretty slow to get me my product via courier - 10 days - but they kept me well updated and responded to my emails promptly

RomQ 22:37 22 May 03

have a very good rating: click here

plimsol 23:44 23 May 03

Ilive near by and buy from ccl over the counter, If i have had a problem it has been sorted without any quibbling

Philip47 11:27 24 May 03

I have bought several components when building systems, and on one occasion when they made an error on my order they resupplied the erroneous component and did not charge for delivery on original order, and were very appologetic, a thumbs up from me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…