Opinion please on laptop graphics

Al94 11:21 01 Mar 06

Now seriously looking to buy a new laptop and have more or less decided on a Dell Inspiron 6000, and in all probability a choice from here click here or similar spec. Question is how far should I go re graphics, cost not a major issue but don't want to throw money away on over spec. Mainly used for general use (don't use a desktop) including photo editing, some video editing, would the Intel 900 graphics with 1 gig of ram be fine or should I look at the other options. I am not a "gamer" although ability to run some games and applications like Google Earth desirable.

Dellman 12:34 01 Mar 06

I got a Laptop for my dad from Dell similar spec:

M740 Processor
512 RAM
80GB HD
Windows Media Center
Inc. McAfee Security
3yrs on-site warranty.....

...........oh and they threw in a smart leather case!!

Online price was £934.......phoned up and got it for £710.

ade.h 13:25 01 Mar 06

*IF* you can combine integrated graphics with at least 1GB of RAM, then it is acceptable for anything but gaming (and IMHO, people should buy desktops for that!).

The problem with most such specs is the nature of integrated graphics; it's there because it's cheaper, and most parts buyers will not mix that with more than 512MB. Which becomes 384MB or 448MB.

When looking for that kind of spec, just make sure that you are not paying disproportionately for the extra RAM compared to a regular spec with dedicated graphics memory.

wjrt 14:11 01 Mar 06

click here

my post is last

Al94 12:23 02 Mar 06

Found this click here which appears to answer my question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…