Opening zip files

astra46 12:46 05 Apr 03

When i download demos from the net. I have problems getting these to work.

How do i zip these files to get them to run?

jediknight007 13:23 05 Apr 03

A lot of large download files are usually .zip or .rar files. People might say to use Winzip from click here but I use WinRAR instead from click here It unzips many different types of zipped files. Winzip only unzips .zip files and not .rar files. It's only the evaluation one but if you can be bothered to just click Close or something, you can use it forever.

Hunte® 14:17 05 Apr 03

Most newer MS operating systems (ME, XP etc) come with built in Zip file management and are capable of handling ZIP files as folders.

To extract the ZIP into a proper folder, right click the file and choose extract.

Personally, like jediknight007 I use winrar for most compression tasks, only resorting to winace for ACE compressed files.

sveecee 18:02 05 Apr 03

I have just upgraded to windows XP professional from windows 98.
Unfortunately when I try to access 'Worldplay bridge'of which I am fond, I get a message, 'Not compatible with widoes XP?

jediknight007 02:28 06 Apr 03

Is your problem related to astra46's? If not, then could you please start a new thread? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…