Open a paypal account?.

So Afraid 13:24 06 Jan 08

Looking at ebay.co.uk at a few items,and does every purchase using paypal (credit card) option have a small percentage paid to the paypal service.I have not opened an account just yet until i get some feedback.

iqs 14:16 06 Jan 08

I have not used PayPal for over a year now....But when buying off ebay with PayPal I was never charged for the service/transaction.I believe the seller was charged for the service/transaction.But like I said its been a while,could have changed?.Hope it helps.

pchelper001 14:19 06 Jan 08

You do not get charged for the purchase, it is just the seller who gets to pay a percentage of the total cost.

Blackhat 14:41 06 Jan 08

As mentioned above, it is the seller who pays the fee in that when a Paypal transaction completes the seller receives his sales price minus the Paypal fee automatically.

There have been many for and against discussions on various forums regarding Paypal, usually as the result of a rare bad experience causing someone to sound off. Personally I have never had a problem with Paypal as either a seller or buyer. My total feedback 1375, 100% positive.

By setting up an account you will open up a lot more buying opportunities and increase your feedback quicker by completing transactions sooner and just to add, ‘Buy it now’ items require Paypal almost always.

If you don’t like it you can always close your account.

€dstowe 15:02 06 Jan 08

Remember that a lot of online retailers use PayPal now, not just eBay.

So Afraid 15:38 06 Jan 08

Thanks for the replys,i will open one.
Also bidding in a auction and it says the start price for a item is say £19-99,can you be cheeky and put in a lower price,how does it work.

€dstowe 16:09 06 Jan 08

Your bid wouldn't be accepted if it was lower than the current or starting price.

So Afraid 17:19 06 Jan 08

Thanks.

Ivor_Monkey 17:24 06 Jan 08

and what would be the point of bidding below the current price?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…