OOOOH shall I spoil my self for fathersday?

jack 10:32 19 Jun 09

I was back seat passenger on a trip yesterday, my backseat companion once the conversation dried - dug in his pocket and extracted and started manipulating a slim device in a leather case.

Hmm I thought - your a bit old
[he is of my era 76 ish] to play silly electronic games.
The he showed me what it was an ITouch -The IPhone-sans phone therefore no expensive contract
Wow! the things it can do.
So shall I?
Any one got one to extol its virtues to convince me?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:49 19 Jun 09

Had one for nearly a year now (16Gb) and I still like it. It is a great piece of kit and connects to any WI-Fi signal (Wetherspoons have free WI-Fie as does our village pub). I wouldn't use it too long for surfing (safari is the browser) as it is a bit small but you can easily enlarge pages. It can hold shed loads of music, photos, contacts etc and web apps such as seeqpod are useful. The screen is great for watching videos.
You only live once and this life is not a rehearsal.

G

rickf 10:52 19 Jun 09

Go for it? Don't let age put you off. We are getting younger as we are getting older. Hope you know what I mean.

john bunyan 10:54 19 Jun 09

My grand daughter (in hospial for the next 6 weeks) is conning me to buy her one. Her sister has the 120gig classic, on which she watches shrunk DVD's (eg Slumdog Millionaire, Pirates of the Carribean etc), and has loads of pop music. The Touch has a bigger screen and comes in 3 capacities; 8, 16 and 32 gig.
If yoe are going to have DVD's shrunk to about 0.8 or .9 gig, you probably need the 32 gig at about £280 - insurance for 3 years varies . I am going to John Lewis at £40. Curry's wanted £80 +, and Argos £46.50. I think you need it on something as expensive. I think it is wi fi compatable - not sure. The equivalent iPhone is over £550 on PAYG!! Get one, treat yourself!!

I am Spartacus 11:22 19 Jun 09

I've had mine since last December and love it. I've been spending a lot of time in hospital waiting rooms recently and it's great for watching videos. Expensive but what the hell.

dagnammit 11:37 19 Jun 09

I have to admit they are a snazzy bit of kit. Go on you deserve it!

jack 12:07 19 Jun 09

Its on its way.

I am Spartacus 12:16 19 Jun 09

Good decision:o)

john bunyan 18:12 19 Jun 09

Good. I just got one for my granddaughter too -partly herd instinct!!

I am Spartacus 20:14 19 Jun 09

If your daughter's going to be in hospital for a while then this additional battery might be useful to extend the playing time click here

I am Spartacus 20:15 19 Jun 09

Oops, wrong link click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…