Onspeed, NIS and BD Blade Runner trojan

O2 16:07 10 Jul 05

I wonder if any other Onspeed users who also use Norton Internet Security have had this problem? With Onspeed active, searching for anything containing the word "blade" in Google (probably any search engine)causes a security alert for BD Blade Runner 0.80a with the source "local host" (i.e. my own computer!). The page is scrambled too. The same happens if I search for Blade Runner in this forum. Disable Onspeed and no problem. At least one other member has experienced this (search for Blade Runner, with Onspeed disabled!!). Onspeed seem aware of this and tell me "The new version of Norton gets confused between ONSPEED and the Blade Runner virus at times as both use port 5400 to operate". I've asked for more details. Cheers.

spuds 16:36 10 Jul 05

Some programmes can get confused when certain programming or style as been added to the text. I use ieSpell, and if I put a series of digits on a page, sometimes a correction tab will appear, giving me a written word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…