ONSPEED

hornpipe 20:54 20 Dec 04

I am new to this site. I have just had a quick look round and I am amazed (and disappointed) that I can find no comment on the Onspeed "alternative" to broadband. Any one have any experience of this interesting software?
h

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:10 20 Dec 04

'I have just had a quick look round and I am amazed (and disappointed) that I can find no comment on the Onspeed "alternative" to broadband'....*ahem*...Just type 'onspeed' into the search. general opinion is a waste o'time.

G

originalmiscellany 21:49 20 Dec 04

to save you the trouble

click here

appears to have been discussed in depth.

hornpipe 12:14 21 Dec 04

Sorry guys
My knuckles are verily rapped, but I'm not so daft as to post the question without searching first. Did that several times, got no result.
h

asrobs 16:45 21 Dec 04

hi, bought ONSPEED last June and find it great,have since bought a better pc with plenty of the RAM/CHIP SPEED etc and still think its a good buy! asrobs.

cylon 19:06 21 Dec 04

I purchased ONSPEED earlier this year and thinks it's great. I found it did have nasty habbit of breaking downloads from various sites. I tried to place the sites in the exception list but that didn't seem to work. It also seemed to bypass my firewall!

The simple solution was to stop on speed during the download and restart it after the download was complete. All of which can be done from the desktop.

Had no problems other than that. Though it was well worth the investment.

kev.Ifty 23:32 21 Dec 04

Wanadoo BroadBand 1Mbps £17.99 per month

Dialup about £14 ish + £2 per month for OnSpeed (+ switch off to download and then back on for....blah..)

Is it worth it?

CurlyWhirly 07:12 22 Dec 04

but not everywhere can get BB, and i think that's when 'OnSpeed' is touted as an 'alternative to BB'

Yes but by the summer of 2005, around 99.8% of people *will* be able to get broadband according to click here

Forum Editor 07:27 22 Dec 04

There are 20 threads on this subject in our archive. Use the search box at top left of the screen, as GANDALF <|:-)> suggests.

You'll soon get used to the way the forum works, but don't hesitate to contact me (use the 'Contact the Forum Editor' button just above the search box) if you have any problems.

Stuartli 17:32 22 Dec 04

A no cost, effective alternative to OnSpeed:

click here

Even better, switch to Firefox 1.0.

Dinger 21:34 22 Dec 04

I have been using Onspeed for a number of weeks and I find that my email messages are coming in much faster and as I am on pay-as-you-go it saves me money.
Dinger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5