online shopping with HP USELESS

Rhodie 23:14 16 Aug 04

Have installed windows XP and needed new drives for my Oficejet G55 multifunction printer. Purchased CD online - cost £10 - weeek later received CD with drivers for HP photosmart 318 Digital Camera - rang HP customer services and they said they would arrange for correct disk to be posted. Got sick of waiting so downloaded drivers from internet but not full version so can't use text editing when using scanner. Eventually received new disk for HP ScanJet scanner. Another phone call to HP - they said they use third party to send out purchases and would struggle to get me a refund but would send me drivers - arrived 4 weeks later but was a copy on CD of the drivers they downloaded from the internet. Rang HP last week and insisted I get the CD I paid for - STILL WAITING!!!!

spuds 15:29 17 Aug 04

Welcome to computer on-line shopping. Sometimes everything goe's very smoothly, then another time, the whole system seems against you :o(

Hope everything turns out okay, with the replacement and 'correct' cd.

Rhodie 21:33 17 Aug 04

Rang HP again today, told me the installation Cd wouldn't have Readiris OCR software on it as was on the windows 98 installation disc. This was the only reason I wanted the XP installation disc. Asked for a refund and was told they couldn't get me a refund because it was purchased from THEIR online distribution centre. Promised me customer service would contact me in 2 hrs - 12hrs later and no phone call.
I'm not holding my breath but this has cost me a fortune in phone calls + £10 for the installation CD. You live and learn - this multifunction is for work and the head office purchased same printers on my recommendation - so the head office is in the same boat - guess how much custom HP will be losing as all printers are ready for renewal in the not to distant future.

Al94 09:31 19 Aug 04

Seems HP may be having a lot of problems. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…