Online hard disk storage

yahwob 11:21 14 Feb 07

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent online storage place.

Just had to reformat my hard drive for the umpteenth time over the last 3 years and lost some folders of stuff as usual.

I don't need anything to fancy, up to 2 gigs of space should be easily enough.

Many thanks

terryf 11:39 14 Feb 07

I personally prefer to keep my stuff under my own control with ext usb hd, this morning my internet connection went down for an hour, how would I have accessed my backed up data if stored on line?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:39 14 Feb 07

You can buy a 2Gb memory stick for around £12. Much better and quicker.

G

bennyhillslovechild 11:47 14 Feb 07

If you insist upon online storage xDrive offers up to 5Gb of storage. This used to be a paid for service but is now free.
click here

I would agree with Gandalf though that a USB key is more useful, and faster at reading/writing data.

Mike D 15:06 14 Feb 07

Another consideration for me would be the tme taken to upload my data. Unless paying for Broadbands with a good upload speed, you could be online for hours just uploading a quite modest amaount of data. Get a Usb stick or and external HDD.

Mike

Belatucadrus 16:25 14 Feb 07

click here another option, Mozy offer 2GB free for home users.

Dizzy Bob 16:28 14 Feb 07

Try here, with free 2 month trial,

click here

DB

silverous 13:49 19 Feb 07

"You can buy a 2Gb memory stick for around £12. Much better and quicker."

Not if you leave it plugged into your machine as I suspect most people will. You can't beat online backup for giving you disaster recovery capability - if your house burns down your data is safe :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…