OneNote Software bundle a demo..should I buy?

Dragonsteeth 14:31 19 Dec 07

When I bought the Toshiba Satellite Pro (windows XP) One Note was part of the bundle but needed a product key which I didnt have.
Toshiba said it was a demo and I had to buy the full software. Was I tricked or is this normal?

Now I need an office function can I download anything safe for my laptop? Should I go for Microsoft One Note or is there better (and cheaper)? I understand Open Office is free but would it be compatible?
Any suggestions?

Kemistri 15:21 19 Dec 07

OneNote is a component of the MS Office 2007 suite that is used for note management and info sharing. It is not Office itself.

Yes, OO is free. Personally, I prefer MS Office 2007 SBE. I you want a basic version, the Home & Student spec is good value. Search a store such as eBuyer and you will find lots of flavours of MS Office.

Trial versions are the norm with new hardware.

superhoops 16:28 19 Dec 07

You can get Office 2007 for £89.99 at PC World if you say you saw it on the website for that (otherwise £99.99). The version is called Home and Student and contains Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Onenote - all latest versions. Excellent value for money. You no longer have to prove tat you are in education or a teacher anymore either its for anybody

Kemistri 17:37 19 Dec 07

£90 is over the odds for the H&S edition. click here

Zaphod 3 19:48 19 Dec 07

It's £80 with shipping, but get PCW to price match, for the £80.

interzone55 09:51 20 Dec 07

Do you have a student in the house?

Get this - click here - it's the full version of Office 2007, the offer is open to students only, and you have to provide proof before they will issue a license key.

It's totally legal as this offer is run by MS themselves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…