Is One-Tel any good?

exprog 18:27 28 Sep 04

Soon to move away from Cable area. Am considering One-Tel for both phone and Broadband. Do not seem to be able to find it recommended in this forum. Do any members have experience of the ISP?. Any comments good or bad appreciated

anchor 19:00 28 Sep 04

Never used them for Broadband, but used their dial-up service happily for a while in the past.

Their cheaper phone service works fine too; still using it.

961 19:08 28 Sep 04

Don't know that it is a good idea to use one provider for both

Although I have friends who use One Tel and find it good, I use Tele 2 for phone and find the service good and the costs as low as anybody for the sort of calls I make

As for Broadband, start at the cheapest and work up from there?

exprog 19:18 28 Sep 04

Reason for going to One-Tel, is their package gives unlimited phone calls and unlimited 512k broadband for 29.99 per month. This seems cheap

tonyx1302 21:04 28 Sep 04

I have used One-Tel for over two years now and have found it to be an excellent service. I started off with their dial-up service and changed up to their 'always on' B/B and phone package 8 months ago which costs £29.99 per month to include telephone call costs except International etc. I got free connection and modem and excellent free set up help. No hesitation in recommending them.

If you need any more info, please come back

exprog 22:03 28 Sep 04

Thanks for the comments. I believe the cost is very good for both systems, and feel sure I will take it up when I move.

789 12:19 29 Sep 04

I have been using Onetel for 5 years and I am as pleased as one is likely to be with any Telecoms company.

I have used their dial-up metered access, then their dial-up subs, now I am on the unlimited Broadband. (£19.99)
I actually do the bundle with total UK talk(All UK Geographically-coded numbers unlimited use)Another £10per month.
Be careful, this "Total UK talk" makes their International calls dear!
FOR INTERNATIONAL USE 18866....ridiculously cheap!

click here

Unfortunately there's no way round the 0845/0870 scam proliferating business numbers at old-fashioned max. BT rates.
This is BT's way to turn back the clock to the days when a phone-call was a luxury.
Offcom assure me that a normally-coded (01 or 02)number(free on subs deals) exists for EVERY 0845/0870 number. 0870 business will almost never reveal it to you because the 9p/min. 0870 number is REVENUE-SHARING (They get income from holding you on the phone)

For some alternatives see here

click here

The main thing about Onetel is, that despite what Which magazine says, you can get FREE support at Onetel.

Good Luck

961 17:46 29 Sep 04

Thanks for click here

Will save me £££££££££s

anchor 10:09 30 Sep 04

Thanks a lot 789, just what I have been wanting for ages.

Search Page is here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…