one more question everybody

nhojnhoj 10:32 23 Oct 03

before i more than likely plump for the medion system.

is the graphics card `128MB DDR Ram nVidia GeForce 4MX440 +TV Out / Video IN - 8x AGP` any good? What does Video IN mean exactly?

I suppose I can always upgrade the card at a later date?

The dilemna is that I have an option on a different system that has a Gainward FX5600 256MB nVidia card

MichelleC 12:51 23 Oct 03

What does Video IN mean exactly?

I think it means you can hook it up to your vcr and record from vhs tape.

wags 14:08 23 Oct 03

If you are into playing games, I would suggest going for the FX5600, which is DirectX 9 compatible, which means games being released shortly will look better. I wouldn't bother with 256mb...128mb will be fine, as based upon Tom's Hardware tests, the effect of the extra memory on games performance is marginal.

Stuartli 14:36 23 Oct 03

Video In can be used for TV tuners, video capture cards etc.

nhojnhoj 16:48 23 Oct 03

cheers all!!

@ wags - the 256MB card is the same price as the 128MB card so nothing lost in having that one.

i was under the impression the 4MX440 was an older card which I assumed therefore was not as good quality.

i`m not really a gamer, my main concern is trying to make the system i buy `future proof` for as long as possible but i don`t want to fork out extra cash for no reason

wags 18:36 23 Oct 03

Go for the 256mb in that case. You are correct that the 440 is an older card. Going for the FX5600 would future proof you just that little bit longer....at least until this time next month .....:D Seriously, though the FX5600 is a good card. I have the Ultra version of the 128mb FX5600 and it produces a great image and makes my games look very pretty. Hope you enjoy your new system, whichever one you choose.

Wags

nhojnhoj 09:04 24 Oct 03

thank you.

i wonder, is it worth upgrading further for just a little bit more cash??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…