Old Version of Nero Cannot find or remove

poodz 08:29 26 Nov 03

My computer running windows XP has a 40gig hard drive partitioned into 2 partitions of 20gig each. One partition has all the system files plus some programmes and the other partition is mainly storage with a few programmes.

I recently reformatted the system partition and started reloading the programmes. I now hit a major problem with Nero. The entire Nero programme was on my storage drive but each time I tried to run the programme a ‘Demo’ version started asking for the serial number. As my Nero CD came with my LITEON RW CD Drive it does not have a number.

I then tried to install Nero and met the ‘older version found screen’ click remove. I clicked the remove button only to be instantly returned to ‘installation wizard interrupted program not installed’.

Then I tried Windows add remove programmes in CONTROL PANEL but the Nero programme was not there so I painstakingly deleted all the Nero and Ahead software files including all hidden files on both partitions. This had no effect whatsoever and I am still back on the ‘roundabout’ between older version found and installation wizard interrupted program not installed.

Could it be that Nero has left some files in the registry and if so where are they? and what might they be?

MichelleC 09:04 26 Nov 03

Try HKEYS_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Ahead, but b/up reg in case (by exporting).

BTW it's better to post this type of issue in Helproom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…