OKI Colour Lasers

Declanworld 20:49 14 Jun 05

My boss kindly allowed me to print my daughter's wedding invitations on his OKI C5300 printer. Since the invites went out, I have been asked by one of the recipients to do his. I'm now in the position of having to buy my own printer to do this job - I know I will have other work when word gets around.

It's hard to tell on the OKI site what the print quality difference is between the variety of models offered - the price certainly differs. I don't need network, duplex capability or great speed.

Any ideas?

Aspman 10:50 15 Jun 05

I'm assuming you need a business class laser printer .

I've not had a great deal of exposure to Oki printers but they seemed to be reliable and rebust machines.

For similar reasons and for generally lower running costs you might want to take a look at Kyocera printers. I've found them to be reliable in the past.

pj123 11:01 15 Jun 05

Look for a colour resolution of at least 1200 x 600.

The OKI C3100 looks good and is the cheapest I can see. Ranges from £195 - £433 depending on where you buy.

If you hit the "back" button there are quite a few more.

Pink_Panther2 13:56 15 Jun 05

All details and specifications of OKI Printers are on the OKI UK site. See here: click here

wags 17:59 15 Jun 05

I have a 5100 for my business which I bought from: click here and get all cartridges etc from them. It is now replaced by the 5300, I believe (?).

Generally a good printer, which is very fast and produces good results. The only problem I have encoutered is that it often jams when doing medium to large print runs due to paper 'dust' accummulating on the rollers. It is easy enough to clean off with Cellotape though!

Declanworld 21:26 15 Jun 05

I used the 5300 - I'm wondering what the difference in quality is, if any, between the 5100 and the 5300 - is it just speed?

Declanworld 21:28 15 Jun 05

I'm wondering what the quality difference is between the 3100 and the 5300.

It's a pity it's not possible to send a sample to OKI to get printed by the different models.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…