//some 3rd party need geo

Oki colour laser printers

wags 09:34 13 Nov 03

I need to buy a fast colour laser for large colour print runs for my business and from my research to date, it appears that the Oki c5100N or S5300 are faster and cheaper to run than the competition. Has anyone had experience of these printers and are they as good as they appear in reviews. Also are they noisy ?

Thanks.
Wags

wags 09:18 14 Nov 03

refresh :)

Wilham 14:25 14 Nov 03

No usually fast reply on this friendly forum... few of us have met up with the latest colour laser printers, let alone enough to advise.
But for what it's worth, I've had three lasers: Epson HP and Canon. All good. Changed in order for lack of (i)memory,(ii)colour (iii) colour registration. The latter did/does colour by having five swap-around drum sets.
Laser toner is cheaper pp than inkjet, even so a local firm (as a favour) hot-knifed a hole in my toner cases and refilled with the powder, re-sealing with a sticker.
By comprison, inkjet costs were/are much higher, but care was needed with paper. Laser drums cost the earth and could be damaged if non-approved paper was used. Some makes only let reg repairers have spares.
Oki is a good name, they pioneered use of leds in printing.
Hope of interest,and good luck,

wags 14:31 14 Nov 03

Thanks for that Wilham. I think I will go to the nearest onseller of OKI products and see the machines in action myself. From the reports I read online, OKI were 3 times faster than most of the competition perhaps due to their LED technology and printed 12 pages per minute in colour.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…