Oh how honest of them

jack 08:37 04 Aug 09

On examining my latest bank statement I discovered a'Credit' of a pound or so from my ISP.
What was that all about I thought.
As I sit here this morning thinking 'Shall I ask'?
The likely solution came to me.
The reduction of VAT was probably not actually implemented in the DD payments - so it accrues and they pay it back from time to time.
Could I be correct in this assumption?

OTT_Buzzard 08:45 04 Aug 09

I'd be suprised if that was the case. ISP's tend to have 'flexible' billing to enalbe them to charge for extra bandwidth, phone calls and any other package extras.

oresome 08:56 04 Aug 09

Tiscali implemented the VAT reduction straight away...........around 40p each month.

The only other retailer that I've noticed maintaining the reduction to the consumers benefit is M&S.

interzone55 08:58 04 Aug 09

My VAT reduced ISP (O2) bill is 27p cheaper than the old price, so the £1 would have accrued in 4 months, so that's not likely.

Have you looked at what you paid in December and what you're paying now?

interzone55 08:59 04 Aug 09

Primark have reduced their already dirt cheap prices. The signs and tickets are all at the old prices, but you pay the VAT reduced price...

Stuartli 09:32 04 Aug 09

TalkTalk repaid the VAT if you registered to do so.

Stuartli 09:33 04 Aug 09

The actual reduction in VAT amounts to 2.13 per cent.

spuds 19:01 04 Aug 09

Send an email to your ISP, or check their on-line forum. It could be a refund for vat or possibly a change in subscription collection dates, which required adjustment, but thats only guessing!.

Talking about honesty, we ordered some 'bespoke' timber fencing awhile ago. The manufacturer as just sent us a refund and apology, because the reduced vat had not been calculated at the time of order and manufacture. I know who will be getting our next order, due in another months time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac