OH Dear!!! OH Dear!!! DSG Under Fire!!!!

ajm 22:57 20 May 03

check these out from THE Register

click here

click here

AND THE ACTUAL PERSON WHO STARTED ALL THIS:

click here

rins36 23:10 20 May 03

Interesting reading, I have worked for DSG Retail & would never buy from them, they treat the employees the same as the general public......need I say more

spuds 00:44 21 May 03

Looks like the cats have got their claws out for the DSG group of companies. Reading in yesterdays newspaper, the OFT are still putting a magnifying glass to DSG extended warranties.

mole44 08:08 21 May 03

extendes warrantes ,no they do not have a monopoly,you only have say "no" i`ll go else where.you do it with other insurance,i do it with electrical ,there that simple.

anchor 09:46 21 May 03

This is not about extended warranties, this is about not obtaining basic service on a new product. It is disgraceful story, that should be a lesson to us all.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:02 21 May 03

I think I would rather make my own mind up rather han be influenced by one persons' view. It might be worth considering that there could be more to this than meets the eye. It is suprising how many people are willing to support someone whom they have never met or whose statements they have never verified.

I would also suspect that many of the people who have bleated that they would not buy from DSG, errrrmm...would have not bought from them in any case.

G

simonp1 10:10 21 May 03

The point is missed a little bit here, Currys sold the TV and she was happy with it, but the aftercare service which is carried out by Mastercare has been found wanting. Shouldnt the point be against Mastercare?.

-pops- 11:18 21 May 03

I think Mastercare is part of DSG as is Curry's, Dixon's and PC World.

Even if not, it appears to be only DSG stores who offer Mastercare.

Remember that DSG customers are cajoled, almost to the point of bullying sometimes, to take up the Mastercare warranties.

MichelleC 11:27 21 May 03

Good on ya Marie.

I hope DSG have taken out a Mastercare warranty on themselves.

T@M 11:33 21 May 03

The staff of the above named stores must be embarressed when offering a £12 "coverplan" for a toaster that only cost £28 in the first place.

Scary thing is that people must still shell out the £12.

simonp1 11:44 21 May 03

POPs
You are right mastercare are part of the group, but i will give you a good example. My parents are having a problem with a washer, its been on going now for six weeks. To cut short, mastercare( Who your contract is with) sub contract the work out to local companies. Between them they have caused a lot of problems and issues and will not replace the washer even now it has gone passed the six week dead line. Currys are requesting for them to replace the washer for my parents, Currys have been really good to my Parents. My point is Currys retalier is not the problem, its the "After service contracters" so the comments should be against them not Currys. No one forces you to buy the extented warranties, just keep saying no.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…