Office 2003 - Is this legit?

GibsonSt19 15:45 14 May 04

Hi there, I've recently been challenged (by God would you believe?!) to stop copying/downloading full softwares and music albums and I'm buckling down and binning the CD-R's I have with copied software on them.

I'm therefore in the market for fully legit sofware, and wondered whether anyone could tell me if this (click here) would be satisfactory for Mr Gates or not?

Does the fact that it's from Singapore change anything? Surely if these were illegal copies eBay would have picked up on them a long time ago. And taking into consideration the sellers feedback, should this be trusted?

Many thanks,

Lee

Steven135 15:50 14 May 04

Doesn't seem possible to me that this is legitimate at that price you obviously have your doubts as well.

Do you qualify for the student edition IE children at school/college? This is the cheapest way to buy office if not better bite the bullet and sleep easy.

Looks like seeing the light is expensive in more ways than one.

GibsonSt19 15:56 14 May 04

Tell me about it mate!

Unfortunately I'm no longer a student, and I don't have any children.

I am a distance learner though, does that count?

Thanks.

P.s. Here's another link too (click here) I just can't understand how they could possibly be selling pirate software? Once again, is it legit? Is it not? :|

Sir Radfordin 15:59 14 May 04

Don't know about the ebay options but it is always going to be suspect if the price is a lot lower than the OEM/retail version.

Are you distant learning though a college or something?

GibsonSt19 16:09 14 May 04

Doing Financial Planning Certificates 1, 2 and 3 through BPP Professional Eduction, (CII qualifications)

Djohn 16:31 14 May 04

Yes. that will count. Any further education that leads to a recognised qualification entitles you to use the software for life, both operating system and Office products. But there are no questions asked when you purchase anyway, just left to your honesty. j.

Belatucadrus 17:01 14 May 04

click here
It's an old posting and some of the links have expired, but the ones that are still active are quite legal for non profit home use.

GibsonSt19 17:01 14 May 04

Good, because I want to be honest about this stuff now.

Thanks lots mate.

byfordr 18:03 15 May 04

If you do in anyway qualify for student edition by virtue of being a student, having kids and I believe a Irish granny probably qualifies you (You can also play for the ROI football team)

Try here £85 (after £15 discount) click here wap in Gift certificate claim code: STUDENT23544.
If you don't qualify and feel guilty take an advanced basket weaving course at your local college.

R

Totally-braindead 22:49 16 May 04

Hes been suspended by Ebay so what hes selling obviously isn't legit.

Totally-braindead 22:57 16 May 04

Thats the first one I'm talking about, the second seller well, I wouldn't buy from him, he was given negative feedback and called the buyer a "something". Seems to be a bit over the top don't you think. I've only had 2 bits of negative feedback myself, rated in the 80s now, both by people who never paid after they were the highest bidder and I certainly didn't call them names. I wouldn't buy from someone who says things like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…