Ofcom slam phone and Isp providers for switching customers

TopCat® 09 Feb 12
Answered

"Landline phone and internet providers which switch customers to their service without their consent - a process known as "slamming" - are being targeted by Ofcom.

The telecoms regulator says that an estimated 520,000 UK households were "slammed" last year..." Devious so-and-so's aren't they? ;o) TC.

revelations here

TopCat® 11 Feb 12

?

spuds 11 Feb 12
Answer

I suppose Ofcom have to justify their existence, and another report or investigation might had a bonus point to that.

But seeing some of the threats that they issue, then not take the necessarily disciplinary actions, seems to render Ofcom fairly harmless!.

I wonder how Ofcom managed to obtain the 'alarming' figures that they are quoting. If its as per Ofcom's complaints procedures, then they do not act on individual complaints. So it must have perhaps taken ages for them to investigate, unless they had a whole lot of complaints all in at once?.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message