OCR Programs

TATHS 16:44 25 Nov 05

I want to scan a large number of book indexes (500+) to give myself a large, searchable, index of all my library. My current OCR program is Textbridge Pro-Millenium which is usually OK for fonts above 9 point, but sometimes throws a real wobbly and starts putting things into text boxes or muddling up the wording of columns. Many indexes are printed in 6 or 8 point type. My scanner is a Cannon Canoscan N6700 capable of 1200dpi scans.

Omnipage 14 is currently very cheap because version 15 is now out. Has anybody any thoughts on this, or other current OCR programs. I don't want to spend more than £50 if I can help it.

wiz-king 16:54 25 Nov 05

I use the ABBYY fine reader and find it very good, I have a old version that came bundled with my scanner and I have just bought the Vers 7.0 professional but I havent had to use it in anger yet. click here

stylehurst 17:10 25 Nov 05

I have used Omnipage Pro for a very long time and found it to be very very good.
Currently I am using Version 14, can't be bothered to upgrade.
Check with Omnipage site as you used to be able to upgrade to Omnipage from any other OCR package for the upgrade price.
Based on the quantity you have to do I would suggest you get Omnipage

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…