O2 saga

the kopite 04:50 02 Sep 05

Hi Everyone I will try to keep this short 4 years ago I signed a upfront for life contact with o2 which meant no line rental and 200 min free off peak calls plus 50 free texts I then ordered 50 extra texts which I later cancelled o2 then stopped the 50 extra texts plus my free ones and say my original contract does not state free texts this saga has been going on fot two years and seems unsolvable any ideas folks thanks

pavvi 08:30 02 Sep 05

a copy of the original contract? It will have the service components on it. Where did you buy the connection from? You may be able to get a reprint of the original contract, that will state exacelt what you signed up to

spuds 11:20 02 Sep 05

I recall another forum user having problems with O2, and they resolved the issues via 02's special abbritation service. Perhaps someone can offer the details of this service, as I am having a problem with PCA search.

the kopite 14:13 02 Sep 05

Spuds that link would be good m8 Pavvi I took the contract out in barnstable devon since then I have moved home and lost it 02 also asked me for the original contract but surely they must also keep a record of the contract thanks guys kopite

the kopite 14:15 02 Sep 05

Sorry pavvi forgot to add I purchased the phone in the link store barnstable do you think link can help kopite

Pooke 14:37 02 Sep 05

I think stores keep copies of contracts but I am not sure how long they do it for.

vinnyT 16:29 02 Sep 05

An impartial review

We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you are still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and would like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaint Review Service
PO Box 116
LS11 5DS
Fax: 0113 388 1153

What we need to know
In your letter please include the following information:

• Your name and address
• Your mobile and account numbers
• A daytime phone number
• Details of your complaint
• A suggestion of what you'd like us to do to put things right

If you've had any previous correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of supervisors and managers you've spoken to.

An independent review

The telecommunications ombudsman, Otelo, can review your complaint if we haven't been able to sort the situation out using the steps above. Unless there is a deadlock situation, Otelo won't look at cases that are less than 12 weeks old.

PO Box 730
click here
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0845 050 1614
Textphone: 0845 051 1513

From the O2 guide to making a complaint page at

click here

pavvi 18:00 02 Sep 05

The link may have a copy of your contract, although after 3 months they are entitled to shred it. They, should, however be able to reprint it, from one of their other stores. I know that any contract I have ever sold can be reprinted from a customer's transaction history. Your first point of call shouold, therefore be your local Link branch (local to you now). If they then don't have it on their system, you can then contact them to see if they still have a hard copy.

Whether O2 themselves have a hard copy, is less certain. It depends whether The Link acts as a service provider for O2. Again they may well have destroyed the original contract. They should, however have an electronbic copy of what was ordered. Bear in mind also that The Link is a joint venture between O2 and DSG Plc, who run Currys and Dixons. Try and use The Link as a lever, if possible to resolve the situation if O2 are unwilling since they did process the contract in the first place.

One thing I am certain of is that most networks do not like the pay upfront contracts, as they make less money from them. They therefore tend to be less friendly towards customers on them as nobody can sign up to a new package as nobody does it any more (except T mobile's Ufix which is to be honest more than a little limited in it's options). Their attitude is therefore one of 'Tough....like it or lump it' as they would rather you weren't still on the plan.

Stick it out and involve Ofcom if need be, once you have all your ammunition.

Good Luck!!

spuds 19:50 02 Sep 05

o2 Resolution service 0113 388 6159 click here

the kopite 03:11 03 Sep 05

Hi Guys Thank you all for the wellcome advice being heartily fed up with comtacting o2 and gettint the run around eill contact of com and the link barnstable and see what they have to say thanks again kopite

pavvi 22:19 04 Sep 05

Try and gtet the copy of your contract from O2 and once you have done so, give O2 a chance to respond or else Of com will just tell you to do so and that will slow things down. You have to give O2 a reasonable amount of time to respond. If you go to Ofcom's website they will give you an indication of how long reasonable is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…