O2 and Home Phone package

exdragon 09:11 09 Apr 10

I see the expected March launch of this has been put back to May - apologies if it's already been posted.

In this link, click here, can someone tell me what the difference is between the Standard 8 meg Anytime, international calls included for £20 and the same package under the Access heading? Likewise, the Premium and Pro seem to be charging £22.50 and £30 for identical packages.

Or am I missing something so obvious that I'm going to be embarrassed by the first reply?

hastelloy 14:58 09 Apr 10

I can't see any difference either. Perhaps the Access and Pro have some features which are not explained - better be good for the extra charge!!!

anniesboy 16:04 09 Apr 10

I think Access is the only option if you are on a non LLU exchange

interzone55 16:55 09 Apr 10

Access is for non LLU exchanges, so the speed is likely to be lower.

The Pro package includes a fixed IP address, which is £5 a month on other packages, up to 2.5meg upload and an 802-11n enabled router.

This link gives more detail on the differences
click here

exdragon 17:38 09 Apr 10

Thank you! I'm glad there's an explanation. All we need to do now is just wait, I guess.

interzone55 21:09 09 Apr 10

I'm really annoyed. I needed a phone line installed this last month and was hoping O2 would be up & running, but it wasn't so I had to go to BT

exdragon 22:02 09 Apr 10

My BT contract is up in August, so hopefully o2 may have got their act together by then. Must diary it to advise BT.

morddwyd 08:03 10 Apr 10

My O2 contract is up in July.

Can't wait to go back to BT!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…