O2 - buying a contract with PAYG sim

je-haz 21:57 16 Oct 09

Hi,

I am looking to buy a palm pre this weekend.

I currently have a PAYG phone, and recently put £15 of credit on there, but I need to keep my phone number on the new phone.

Do you know what they will happen to my credit in this case? Do you think they might refund it?

thanks
james

mr simon 23:35 16 Oct 09

You will lose it, there are no two ways about this.

je-haz 23:39 16 Oct 09

thanks.

that doesnt seem like good customer service. especially if im taking out a 2 yr contract on a premium phone!

tullie 07:13 17 Oct 09

Cant you se your PAYG until the credits used up?Why would you buy the credit then change phones anyway.

morddwyd 07:37 17 Oct 09

Not sure if it's the same situation, but when I changed phones recently they simply swapped the sim into the new phone and everything moved with it.

je-haz 12:24 17 Oct 09

it was a couple of weeks ago and i just havent been able to make as many calls as id antipated. oh well not to worry. i will just have to use it up before i take out a new phone if they cant do anything about it. thanks

walesrob 12:25 17 Oct 09

This week, I moved from o2 PAYG to a o2 contract, and I still had £9 credit, but this was transferred to the contract and it appears as a credit on my next bill. ( I chose the online 9.79 tariff, so that next bill should be very small!)

If your moving from o2 to another provider (i.e. o2 to Vodafone), you would lose unused credit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…