O2 Broadband - that's what I call service

BJN 17:29 18 Nov 09

We’re sorry but your O2 Home Broadband will be slower than normal between this Saturday (21/11/2009) 08:00am and Sunday (22/11/2009) 08:00am. A transport company is doing some major track side maintenance work where we have some cables, which will affect the speed of your broadband service. Even though this is beyond our control, we’re sorry.

Once the work has been completed, your speed will return to normal.

Bob Dunn

General Manager, Customer Experience Delivery

At least we know what's happening when things slowdown on Saturday, I've never herd of any other ISP giving this sort of information to customers

Bj

GaT7 13:59 19 Nov 09

Yes, I received this message too.

There haven't been too many messages like this since I've been with them for the past 18 months - only the second if I recall correctly. But there haven't too many slowdowns or breakdowns either. Excellent service & communication all round.

Previous to them I was with NTL/Virgin on cable who weren't too bad either, but the former is simply amongst the best. They even send one a reminder email & text to top-up one's O2 mobile the £10 minimum every quarter to maintain the £20 BB discount. G

ol blueeyes 21:54 19 Nov 09

Just signed up with O2 myself all the bits and pieces arrived today, being connected on Monday. Looks as though I made the right decision for once.

numskull 08:20 22 Nov 09

I received this message too but my broadband didn't just slow down it got cut off completely for several hours.

BJN 08:26 22 Nov 09

Well the work period has passed and I did not notice any difference, speed test still the same and no service interruption. Maybe I was luckier than others or O2 where covering their back informing more people than was expected to be effected.

Bj

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…