O2 Broadband impressed

BJN 10:00 01 Jan 09

Hi all,

Well after nearly 2 years with Sky Broadband and having received a letter informimg me of a price rise of 100% from March 09 unless I take there telephone services I decided to move broadband providers.O2 have an offer for first 3 months free and if you go via Quidco you can get £70.00 cashback as well as getting a ADSL2 connection cheaper than Sky's normal ADSL as I'm a O2 mobile user. They also allow you to change your package if your line does not support higher speeds unlike other providers like Sky who only allow a move upwards.

On 31st December 08 at 9.00am I summitted my application to O2 broadband online with the MAC code from Sky. By 3pm the same day and a number of text messages to my mobile and 2 emails my line had been checked, the change over date booked for the 9th January 09 and my starter pack with router dispatched. Delivery date for starter pack was booked for 2nd January but I was given the option to change that to the 5,6, or 7th, I changed it to 5th as I'm at my sisters untill the 4th. Nice touch to have the choice to book your delivery date for free.

I've just checked the link for delvery and all looks well for the change of delvery date.

If O2 live up to their service so far then I'd be one happy customer, even their help and customer service numbers are free 0800 numbers a change from rip off premium rates used by others.

Lets hope they continue this high level of service.

Looking forward to the 9th January and my new faster service.

Bj

octal 11:49 01 Jan 09

I've only got a mobile package with them, but I must say I am impressed with the extras you get as compared to Orange who I used to be with. I think if I wasn't on Virgin Media for BB then I would seriously consider them.

tullie 15:15 01 Jan 09

Think i will stick with Sky for a fiver.

daveeb 22:22 01 Jan 09

I use VM cable broadband and O2 adsl. Although both are generally good if i was going to ditch one it would be VM due to their rather sneaky (in my opinion) traffic shaping , the jist of which is buried deep in their "fair use policy". O2 have been excellent although i cant comment on their technical helpline as i've never needed it..

BJN 08:32 02 Jan 09

I'd check what Sky are going to charge you from March 09 or if you are being forced to take their telephone service to retain the £5 broadband. Skys telephone charge are very expensive if you check the tarif compared to other providers.

Bj

BJN 18:50 12 Jan 09

Well installion day came all went well and I connected at the same speed I used to get from Sky 3.8mb. Went away for 2 days and on return found my line now connecting at 7.4mb.

I'm now wondering if Sky where throttling back my connection if o2 can connect me at 3.6mb faster nearly doubling my connection speed.

I talked to o2 and they say they fine tune connection speed to get best possible speed so it may incease over the next 10 day monitoring period. It's bee stable at 7.4mb for 2 days so looks good for that speed at least.

One very happy o2 customer.

Bj

ivesy 19:57 12 Jan 09

Hi, I've just joined Sky and pay £5 a month for broadband too. The cost of Sky talk is free if you select 'Sky Talk Freetime' so if you take that out then it you still pay £5 a month for BB.

Before you think I work for Sky I have to say when I signed my parents up for O2 they were excellent and wouldn't hesitate in recommending them. If you use Quidco they are giving £70 cash back at the moment for people who sign up to home broadband!

GaT7 13:06 13 Jan 09

"...and if you go via Quidco you can get £70.00 cashback..."

If you went through Quidco, did your transaction track on there? It'll show up at click here? If it hasn't yet, you'll have to submit a claim.

I've been with O2 for the past 8 months or so & loving it. G

BJN 13:29 13 Jan 09

Yes I did go through Quidco and my £70 tracked showing payable Feb 2009.

On my o2 account it's showing first month free as per the first 3 months free offer.

So with my mobile discount each month as well I assume I'll only have to pay for 2 months in the first year after Quidco cash back and 3 months free.

My cash back via Quidco for my mobile tracked and was paid after 2 months.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now