o2 Broadband - Highly Recommended

superhoops 21:30 24 Mar 08

I switched from sky to o2 broadband about 2 months ago. The service has been superb. A regular 6-7 mb speed with no outages. It costs £7.50 per month, £12.50 if you dont have an o2 mobile. The helpline is 24 hours a day, UK based, and is free to call - you don't get that often these days. And it answers practically immediately as well. If you have an o2 mobile a copy of all your text messages in and out can be sent to your pc free of charge as well.
I had to call the helpline tonight due to a wireless problem. A very helpful pleasant man talked me through the problem and got it up and running at no phone call expense to me.
You have a 100 day money back guarantee when you join - now thats confidence.
I hope this is of interest to anyone considering switching broadband provider.

GaT7 22:43 24 Mar 08

Thanks superhoops, I was about to ask if anyone's with them & how the service is! Have been searching the Forum (some links if anyone else is interested click here, click here, click here).

Also found this site with an O2 broadband forum discussion click here. G

jarani 22:48 24 Mar 08

xxx

donki 23:00 24 Mar 08

They don't have it in norn iron yet :(..... boooooooh

GaT7 23:21 24 Mar 08

superhoops, can I ask what package you're on, the speed you get & approx. how far you live from the exchange (use this if you don't know click here)? Ta, G

superhoops 08:02 25 Mar 08

Hi I am about 1.5 miles from the exchange. I pay £7.50 per month (this is £12.50 if you don.t have an o2 mobile but I do). It is for up to 8mb speed and I get between 6 and 8 mb regularly. It is unlimited, I think there is a fair usage policy though,

GaT7 11:42 25 Mar 08

Thanks superhoops, I'm 1km - that's 0.62 miles - as the crow flies (realise it's going to be more in reality) - so very tempted. Going to call my ISP to see if they can up my speed or reduce the £10 I'm now paying for 2Mb. G

Esc4p3 13:06 25 Mar 08

I am definately going for the basic £7.50 package, will sign up this week. Funny, I was looking for some positve customer feedback first, so you post is very timely - thanks!

Incidentally, I think the deadline for the 100 day money back guarantee is 31/03/08, you also need to have a BT line.

GaT7 14:17 25 Mar 08

I'm going for it too. Will need to get a O2 SIM card to become a PAYG customer. Even with the min £40 top-up required each year, I'll still be saving on broadband & my PAYG mobile. Couldn't get a better deal from my present ISP so have cancelled (had been with them for almost 3 years, so not a problem). Being Virgin Media, I'm quite surprised they didn't offer me something better. Anyway, I don't care too much if this is going to be even slightly better. And there's the 100-day guarantee to fall back on.

Esc4p3, don't forget to go through Quidco click here (or similar site) for £25 cashback, making this deal around £5.50 a month! G

P.S. If you're not with Quidco already you need to register with them first, then click the link on their website when ready to place your order (cookies in your browser needs to be enabled for it to track properly - incidentally, it adds a cookie with 'perfiliate' in its name. If you have cookie-blocking software like SpywareBlaster, it'll need to be disabled). Quidco will take £5 off your account each year, but only if you earn £5 or more in that year. If you use them regularly it's a small price to pay. Read more about Quidco click here. If you have any unanswered questions just fire away!

GaT7 14:20 25 Mar 08

If you need to become an O2 mobile customer, Quidco do cashback on this too click here (free o2 SIM click here, or visit your local O2). G

Esc4p3 16:15 25 Mar 08

Thanks for the quidco info, not heard of that before, but I am already an o2 customer with a payg phone, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…