o2 Broadband

ol blueeyes 19:41 18 Aug 09

Anyone using o2 Broadband ? Any good ? Do they deliver what they say they deliver ?

interzone55 19:57 18 Aug 09

Yes, Yes & Yes

For me anyway.

I changed a few months back from Demon, who seemed to struggle to give me more than 2mbs on a consistent basis.

O2 said they could give me 4.5mbs, so I switched, now pay O2 half what I was paying Demon and get twice the speed (averages 4.8mbs) on a truly unlimited connection. If I had an O2 mobile I've save another fiver, but I'm not switching network just for that.

Customer service is generally quick to answer the phone or email if you need it,and is based in the UK if that matters to you.

Overall, I wish I'd switched ISP earlier, but inertia prevented me acting until my Demon lack of service became untenable...

Si_L 22:39 18 Aug 09

Lots of opinions on this thread: click here

I use them and they are extremely good.

ol blueeyes 23:29 18 Aug 09

Looks good to me I guess I'll be making a couple phone calls in the morning.
Thank you.

laurie53 09:03 19 Aug 09

Joined them this`week

Less than 30 minutes from unpacking the router to being on-line.

Overnight improvement from 980 k to 6 meg (not unbundled).

walesrob 09:43 19 Aug 09

Yes.

Changed from BT to o2 last week, speeds are just as good or better than BT. I have an 02 mobile on PAYG, so the price drops to £17.13, plus first 2 months are free, so I'm a happy bunny.

Stuartli 09:48 19 Aug 09

Wouldn't the Premium package have been just as good in your case, as well as cheaper, if you didn't want/require an "enhanced" wireless router?

click here

walesrob 10:00 19 Aug 09

Stuartli

No LLU in this part of rural Wales, so I'm stuck with BT ADSL platform products.

Stuartli 10:47 19 Aug 09

Sorry, I hadn't realised - feeling a bit sheepish now..:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…