nVIDIA personal cinema

Meng 10:25 23 Jun 04

I have an Athlon 1800+, 512Ram, 80Gb PC and would like to turn my PC in my study room into media/entertainment centre PC.
I have done some research and wonder if the easiest way is to upgrade to the nVIDIA personal cinema graphics card
click here

which comes with a media hub connectivity for digcam, camcorder and VCR. I want to do minimal amount of editing digcam and digcamcorder (D8). I want to be able to use the PC as a digital video recorder to burn TV, movies onto DVDs.
I hardly play any games on the PC but have a Sony PS2. Wonder if there will be any limitations to this set up and likely problems.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

-Beb- 16:52 23 Jun 04

Sounds OK. If you want to use it with the rest of your home entertainment stuff I would recommend getting a decent fan like a Coolermaster Jet7 and turn it onto silent mode to keep it all nice and quiet ;)

A CPU upgrade would also be useful but not necessary, especially if you aren't gonna be doing much editing. If you do get the personal cinema thing go for the 5900 series as the others are underpowered.

Furthermore, maek sure you do a clean format and installation of XP once you have all the bits together to get the best performance out your system, you won't want it crashing every time you want to record something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…