Nvidia Nforce 2 may have serious problems

TOPCAT® 18:32 27 Feb 03

I saw this article at The Inquirer earlier today - click here - and am somewhat concerned about the supposed problems with the Asus A7N8X Deluxe, and other make motherboards with this chipset.

As I'm seriously thinking of getting a new PC from Poweroid, which currently has the above 'board installed, I sent them an e-mail mentioning my concerns and received the following reply:

'I can confirm that our technical department are perfectly happy with all the motherboards we use in our products. We decide on makes and models of components only after very careful consideration, tests, benchmarks and other research.

It is not practical for us to comment on individual news articles in the technical media. It goes without saying of course that we do provide an exceptional warranty with our products and you would be entitled to use that in the unlikely event of a problem with a product we supplied.'

I fully appreciate I would have warranty safeguards if I go ahead and order, but I still feel I could be storing up trouble for later, with the potential loss of my computer due to sending it back. It would seem too that these 'problems' have materialised AFTER various reviews, tests and benchmarks have been done, which, to say the least, doesn't inspire much confidence in me. Neither does it make the unfortunates with these various 'boards happy, if the AMD forums are anything to go by.

Am I wrong here in thinking the worst? TC.

Rayuk 19:05 27 Feb 03

I have had the Asus A7N8X deluxe board for several months now,with no problems whatsoever.
Over the last couple of years using latest motherboards for AMD have had niggling problems[via chipsets]and can honestly say that this board has been one of the best.

TOPCAT® 20:27 27 Feb 03

Reading such an article does tend to put the 'frighteners' on a buyer though. It remains to be seen if nVidia or the 'board manufacturers have something to say on these claims. TC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…