Nvidia Geforce GTX 8800

janeb8 19:43 PM 23 Nov 12

Need to replace the above but having trouble locating one apart from used ones! Can anyone recommend a replacement?

D@ve 20:02 PM 28 Nov 12

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to replace like-for-like? The 8800GTX is a very old card (2006 from the top of my head). There are far superior cards available today that you should be able to replace it with.

Woolwell 20:19 PM 28 Nov 12

Before selecting a graphics car you need to check that your PSU is up to the task for the new one.

D@ve 22:01 PM 28 Nov 12

Having re-read your post, I see I misunderstood what you said. If you're looking for a replacement then anything from a GTX 650 from the Nvidia range or a Radeon HD 7750 from the AMD range will be an improvement. What is your budget?

carver 08:20 AM 29 Nov 12

You may be able to get another card that is an update on that one but it will mean buying one similar to the ones D@ve has mentioned.

That card was a really good card for it's time and I happen to still have one as a spare, why not replace with another second hand one if they are cheep enough.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay