Nvidia Geforce GTX 8800

janeb8 19:43 PM 23 Nov 12

Need to replace the above but having trouble locating one apart from used ones! Can anyone recommend a replacement?

D@ve 20:02 PM 28 Nov 12

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to replace like-for-like? The 8800GTX is a very old card (2006 from the top of my head). There are far superior cards available today that you should be able to replace it with.

Woolwell 20:19 PM 28 Nov 12

Before selecting a graphics car you need to check that your PSU is up to the task for the new one.

D@ve 22:01 PM 28 Nov 12

Having re-read your post, I see I misunderstood what you said. If you're looking for a replacement then anything from a GTX 650 from the Nvidia range or a Radeon HD 7750 from the AMD range will be an improvement. What is your budget?

carver 08:20 AM 29 Nov 12

You may be able to get another card that is an update on that one but it will mean buying one similar to the ones D@ve has mentioned.

That card was a really good card for it's time and I happen to still have one as a spare, why not replace with another second hand one if they are cheep enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know